I. The inspector shall inspect:
1. the main water supply shut-off valve;
2. the main fuel supply shut-off valve;
3. the water heating equipment, including the energy source, venting connections, temperature/pressure-relief (TPR) valves, Watts 210 valves, and seismic bracing;
4. interior water supply, including all fixtures and faucets, by running the water;
5. all toilets for proper operation by flushing;
6. all sinks, tubs and showers for functional drainage;
7. the drain, waste and vent system; and
8. drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
II. The inspector shall describe:
1. whether the water supply is public or private based upon observed evidence;
2. the location of the main water supply shut-off valve;
3. the location of the main fuel supply shut-off valve;
4. the location of any observed fuel-storage system; and
5. the capacity of the water heating equipment, if labeled.
III. The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
1. deficiencies in the water supply by viewing the functional flow in two fixtures operated simultaneously;
2. deficiencies in the installation of hot and cold water faucets;
3. mechanical drain stops that were missing or did not operate if installed in sinks, lavatories and tubs; and
4. toilets that were damaged, had loose connections to the floor, were leaking, or had tank components that did not operate.